PREMIO PAGANINI 2008
1st Prize “PREMIO PAGANINI” € 25,000.00 (indivisibile)
2nd Prize € 10,000.00
3rd Prize € 5,000.00
The other finalists will receive 1,500.00 each
On the evening of October 12th, during the closing ceremony of the Christopher Columbus Celebrations, the 1st prize-winner will play the “Guarneri del Gesù” (1743), known as the “Cannone”, the violin that Niccolò Paganini left to Genoa, his native city.
The first prize of the “Premio Paganini” is indivisible.
If the Jury decides to award a joint prize to two or more candidates, the prize money will be shared out equally among the winners.
If one or more prizes are not awarded and some finalists (the last in the list of finalists) are not given a prize, the Jury may award them a cash prize not exceeding € 1,500.00.
Following the competition, applicants who claim to have classified in a position not corresponding to their actual position, will be excluded from subsequent editions and their names will be notified to the World Federation of International Music Competitions in Geneva for possible further penalties.
Special prizes have been provided by people and institutions other than the City Council of Genoa which therefore remains extraneous to the relative award methods and procedures.
3.000,00 Prize in memory of Enrico Costa
offered by the Costa Family to the youngest participant admitted to the Final;
3.000,00 Prize in memory of Renato De Barbieri
offered by the Government of the Province of Genoa to one of the finalists for the best interpretation of Paganini’s Capricci;
2.000,00 Friends of Paganini Association Prize
offered by the Association for the finest performance of the Paganini Concerto;
1.600,00 Prize in memory of Mario Ruminelli
offered by the Ruminelli Family to the first prize winner;
1.000,00 Friends of the Nuovo Carlo Felice Association prize
offered by the Association for the finest performance of the commissioned piece.
The representatives of musical institutes and associations, concert agents and recording companies will be invited to the Finals.
The following musical institutes have agreed to offer a concert to the winner:
- Accademia Filarmonica Romana
- Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia - Fondazione
- Ferrara Musica
- Fondazione Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino
- Fondazione Arturo Toscanini, Parma
- Fondazione “Ottavio Ziino” – Orchestra di Roma e del Lazio
- GOG – Giovine Orchestra Genovese
as have the following associations/institutions
- Accademia dei Concordi di Roma
- Associazione Amici della Musica “Arcangelo Speranza” di Taranto
- Associazione Gioventù Musicale d’Italia
- Associazione Musicale AGIMUS di Padova
- Associazione Musicale Anna Jervolino di Caserta
- Associazione Amici di Paganini
- Comune di Cervo – Festival Internazionale di Musica da Camera
- Oji Hall – Tokyo
- Società del Quartetto di Bergamo
- Società dei Concerti di la Spezia